We are hiring: Creative Content Coordinator
Status: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Communications Director
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Purpose and Background:
Conservation Voters New Mexico (CVNM) and CVNM Education Fund are a family of nonprofit organizations headquartered in Santa Fe, NM. Our vision is for New Mexicans to thrive in just, resilient communities where our conservation and cultural values guide our decision-makers and public policies. CVNM connects the people of New Mexico to their political power by mobilizing voters, winning elections, holding elected officials accountable and advancing responsible public policies.
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Creative Content Coordinator to author and edit compelling content, manage CVNM’s social media accounts and websites, and create graphic and video content to amplify the goals of the organization’s campaigns. The right candidate for this role will have strong written and spoken communication skills, comfort with technology and social media platforms, excellent interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated commitment to CVNM’s mission, vision and values.
The Creative Content Coordinator must be committed to our mission and values of authentic community and stakeholder engagement in policy work, and equitable opportunities that promote race equity, diversity, and inclusion. CVNM staff incorporate these values into our day-to-day systems and work, and provide key support for collaboration across departments and organizational partnerships. This position is based in Santa Fe with some remote work possible for the right candidate. This position also requires the ability to work a non-standard work week including some evenings and weekends, particularly during the legislative session and/or election season, and occasional travel.
- Develop and author content for membership and public engagement, including e-blasts, newsletter articles, blog posts, direct mail letters and postcards.
- Design creative content and manage CVNM’s social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Create videos and/or graphics to meet the organization’s policy goals, and connect decision-makers, donors, and the public to our work.
- Assist Communications Director and Advocacy team with drafting op-eds and advocacy templates to generate earned media in support of policy goals.
- Assist CVNM Director and Executive staff with graphic design and copy-writing for paid media strategies, as needed.
- Design and implement ways to amplify community and partner stories with the media, public, decision-makers, and CVNM members that highlight the urgency of our work.
- Manage and update CVNM’s organizational websites, ensuring they are current and user-friendly.
- Copy-edit other external communications, as needed.
- Adhere to CVNM policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in marketing, media, communications, and/or social media.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent copy-editing ability.
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video).
- Proven ability to balance multiple writing or content projects.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Comfortable presenting to multicultural audiences, and collaborating with people in both group and one-on-one settings.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to amplify the voice and leadership of rural and/or communities of color in New Mexico.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion and diversity, and an interest in environmental issues that impact our air, land, water, wildlife and community health.
- Strong understanding of how engaging the public in the political process can create policy change.
- Strong understanding of how voting and civic engagement can create policy change.
- Must be able to work a non-standard work week, including nights and weekends as needed.
- Both in-state and out-of-state travel may be required.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccinations and booster by date or hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
- Experience in political or issue campaigns is a plus.
- Graphic design and/or video production knowledge is a plus.
This is a full-time exempt salaried position based on experience. CVNM also offers a benefits package for full-time staff that includes vacation and sick leave, a retirement package, and health, dental and vision coverage.
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, a writing or design sample, and three references to Careers@CVNM.org with “Creative Content Coordinator” in the subject line. Position is open until filled. No calls please.
CVNM is an equal opportunity employer. Employment with CVNM is at will. If you need additional assistance to apply or are a qualified individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application of participate in the employee selection process, please contact Careers@CVNM.org.