Title: Business Administrator / Conservation Voters New Mexico & CVNM Education Fund
Status: Full time, Exempt
Reports to: Deputy Director, Operations and Finance
Conservation Voters New Mexico (CVNM) and CVNM Education Fund are a family of nonprofit organizations headquartered in Santa Fe, NM. Our vision is for New Mexicans to thrive in just, resilient communities where our conservation and cultural values guide our decision-makers and public policies. CVNM connects the people of New Mexico to their political power by mobilizing voters, winning elections, holding elected officials accountable and advancing responsible public policies.
We are seeking an experienced and engaged Business Administrator to manage the administrative, accounting, scheduling, and overall internal functioning of our offices. This position plays a key role in overseeing the implementation of CVNM’s operational, administrative, human resources and financial systems in order to support organizational goals. Superb interpersonal and leadership skills are vital for this role, as teamwork is important for our organization’s success. Suitable candidates should also be excellent written and verbal communicators, and possess the ability to prioritize multiple work demands.
The Business Administrator must be committed to our mission and values of authentic community and stakeholder engagement in policy work, and equitable opportunities that promote race equity, diversity, and inclusion. CVNM staff incorporate these values into our day-to-day systems and work, and provide key support for collaboration across departments and organizational partnerships. This position is based in Santa Fe, and requires the ability to work a non-standard work week including occasional evenings and weekends, and travel in and out of state as needed. In addition, as we continue to navigate work during the Covid-19 pandemic a portion of the work will be done at home.
The Business Administrator reports to the Deputy Director, Operations and Finance and will be responsible for additional duties that may arise, as assigned by the Deputy Director or Executive Director.
- Manages financial processes, planning, tracking, systems and controls.
- Supports other staff members in tracking their financial expenditures.
- Manages office operations and upkeep; filing systems, and maintains office supplies and inventory.
- Oversees technology, phone systems, and office equipment; including all related equipment acquisition, maintenance and repair.
- Supports Deputy Director in tracking personnel files for all employees, contractors and interns.
- Assist the Deputy Director in the administering and tracking of critical HR functions.
- Provides reporting, filing and other administrative tasks for the Deputy Director.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Deputy Director.
- Qualified candidates will possess a four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of direct supervisory experience.
- Candidates must possess a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines, be attentive to detail and capable of making quick, informed decisions.
- Demonstrated competency in financial management.
- We are seeking a team player with strong computer skills working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), and QuickBooks.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, and a self-starter.
- Ability to hold confidential information.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion and diversity.
- A belief that who we elect matters and that the protection of New Mexico’s land, air, water, wildlife, and communities should be a political priority.
This is a full-time exempt salaried position based on experience. CVNM also offers a benefits package for full-time staff that includes vacation and sick leave, as well as health, dental and vision coverage.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Administrator” in the subject line. Position is open until filled. No calls please. CVNM is an equal opportunity employer. Employment with CVNM is at will. If you need additional assistance to apply, please contact email@example.com.