Board of Directors – Positions Open
Bring your enthusiasm for protecting New Mexico’s air, land, water, wildlife, and communities to CVNM’s board of directors! Our unique and dynamic board members are currently accepting applications for director positions.
Check out this testimonial from our new board president, Theresa Pasqual, about her experience with CVNM:
“I’ve learned much from CVNM, how legislation is written, introduced, heard, and ultimately passed or not. I came to understand connecting people, their ideas and voice to process was real power and that in turn could result in change. This is what powerful movements do. I’m proud that CVNM’s long-term vision includes centering our policy, civic engagement, and advocacy work both on and in partnership with the communities most impacted, especially rural and/or communities of color.” CVNM Board President Theresa Pasqual (Acoma Pueblo)
CVNM is committed to centering equity and justice in the policy making process, advocacy campaigns, and in elections. The board recently solidified this commitment in an overhaul of CVNM’s bylaws that now reflect the commitment to justice and equity in the organization’s governing documents.
We invite new board members who reflect that strong commitment to equity, justice and CVNM’s work to address the climate crisis while advancing racial justice in the environmental/conservation movement. We strive to assemble a board of directors that better represents our communities across the state of New Mexico, primarily communities of color and disenfranchised communities. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do and we strongly encourage people of these identities and who are members of frontline communities to apply.
Board Member Qualifications:
- Desire to work towards socially and environmentally equitable solutions to address the climate crisis
- Deep commitment to racial, social and environmental justice
- An interest in statewide and federal policy that protects our air, land, water, wildlife and communities
- Commitment to protect our democracy, access to voting and impacted frontline communities.
- Passion for elections and creating leadership pathways for pro-climate candidates to run for office
- Desire for authentic partnerships with communities most affected by polluting industry, the climate crisis and most needing support in the transition to a clean energy economy
To apply, send a recent resume and cover letter that explains your interest in being considered for a board position at CVNM to email@example.com